- 1.0" Type CMOS Sensor
- UHD 29.97/23.98/FHD 59.94p/29.97p/23.98p
- FHD Variable Frame Rate Up to 60 FPS
- UHD/FHD Dual Codec Recording
- 15x Optical Zoom with O.I.S.
- 24.5 mm Integrated Wide Lens
- Dual SD Card Slots
The Panasonic AG-UX90 4K/HD Professional Camcorder records UHD 4K at up to 30p, and FHD up to 60p in variable frame mode. The camera supports 59.94, which is analogous to NTSC, making the camera compatible with US broadcast standards. Featuring an integrated 15x optical zoom lens and a 1" type sensor, UHD, and HD in MOV, MP4. The camera is also capable of recording HD in the AVCHD format.
The AG-UX90 offers gamma settings for eight different scenarios, and manual control rings for iris, zoom, and focus. To monitor the status of all settings, and to perform critical focusing functions, the camcorder features both a high-quality 3.5" LCD touch screen and a full-color LCoS 0.24" viewfinder with 1,560,000 dots of resolution. It incorporates two SD slots that allow for simultaneous recording in UHD and HD. You can also choose relay recording, which allows the recording to shift from one card slot to the other as the card fills up.
Panasonic Optical Technology
The integrated Leica Dicomar 15x zoom lens was designed specifically for professional HD video production and features a 24.5mm equivalent focal length on the wide end of the zoom when recording FHD for a 24.5-367.5mm (35mm equivalent) zoom range and a 35.4 to 531mm (35mm equivalent) zoom range when shooting in UHD. The lens combines four lens groups and incorporates Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and when shooting in HD it supports 5-Axis Hybrid image stabilization.
The AG-UX90 is equipped with 2x, 5x, and 10x digital zoom. Using the 20x optical zoom and digital zoom together yields a 25x zoom factor.
Manual Control Rings
Three manual rings, mechanical (cam-driven) zoom, focus, and iris, allow you to operate as if you've got an interchangeable-lens camcorder, able to adjust either focus, zoom, or iris directly without having to select a control surface.
Intelligent Auto Focus
Features high-speed focusing, high-precision focus tracking, and high-focusing stability.
Customizable Auto Focus
You can adjust the AF speed, sensitivity and area width to fine tune the AF functionality to your tastes or the needs of the shot. The speed can be set from 1 to 7, the higher the number the faster the AF. The sensitivity likewise can be adjusted in steps from 1 to 10, with the higher value corresponding to being able to track faster-moving subjects. The adjustable area width can be adjusted to fine tune the auto focus selection.
To assist you in setting and confirming focus, the following features are included:
- Focus Assist (Expand and Peaking) - You can select from enlarging a part of the image to check the focus, or engaging focus peaking, which highlights the sharpest part of the image in a solid color. You can select to engage either or both functions simultaneously.
- One-Push AF - Temporarily activates AF when you are in manual focus mode, when you press the Push AF button.
- Manual Focus Assist - For quick and accurate focus, this mode fine tunes the focus adjustments you make using the focus ring.
- Area Functions - Enables you to touch the LCD screen and have the camera adjust focus to make that area sharp (can also be used for Auto Iris and screen brightness).